ANTI WRINKLE - FACIAL SLIMMING
ANTI WRINKLE – FACIAL SLIMMING
ANTI WRINKLE TREATMENT – FACIAL SLIMMING
Through dynamic movements such as chewing, talking, grinding, and clenching of teeth, the masseter muscle becomes enlarged and bulky, leading to a square, masculine jawline. Reducing activity within the masseter so that the muscle is unable to clench and tense so strongly, helping to soften the jawline and reduce the size of the muscle.
Botox is a fast acting, safe procedure that is still the first choice for many patients who are wanting to achieve a natural, youthful appearance. It is a simple and relatively pain free treatment. Although results may be seen within the first two weeks, the effects of Masseter Botox may take up to six weeks to be seen.
- Relaxes the muscle to stop the jawline from clenching
- Reduces the activity of the masseter muscle
- Stops the muscle from being able to tense and clench so strongly
- Makes the jawline appear much softer and less harsh
- Makes the jawline look less masculine
Areas that we can treat include:
- Masseter Muscle
HOW DOES THE TREATMENT WORK?
The masseter muscle is one of your facial muscles which helps us to chew can sometimes become overworked. Just like working out any regular muscle, it can get larger, by restricting its movement using Botulinum Toxin A ,it will reduce in size and help the face to appear slimmer.
During your consultation a detailed medical history will be taken, helping the practitioner to determine whether treatment is an appropriate product/treatment for you to receive and whether it will help you achieve the results that you are looking for. This will also reduce the risk of any unwanted side effects from the treatment. During this consultation the potential risks and aftercare recommendations are discussed.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING MY CONSULTATION
During your consultation a detailed medical history will be taken, helping the practitioner to determine whether treatment is an appropriate product/treatment for you to receive and whether it will help you achieve the results that you are looking for. This will also reduce the risk of any unwanted side effects from the treatment. During this consultation the potential risks and aftercare recommendations are discussed.If you still have questions about this treatment please contact us.Secure your booking today online or call 01780 751 550 to book.
PREPARING FOR YOUR TREATMENT
- One week prior to your treatment, avoid taking aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications (Ibuprofen), Gingko Biloba, Vitamin E or fish oil supplements. These agents may increase bruising and bleeding at the injection site. If you require a pain remedy during this time period, it is ok to take paracetamol.
- Adding leafy greens to your diet will boost your Vitamin K and help to reduce the possibility of bruising and swelling.
- Arnica supplements have been shown to reduce discomfort, bruising and swelling from injectable procedures. Arnica pills may be started the day before or the day of treatment and should be continued until bruising has resolved.
- A topical numbing cream may be applied to help with any discomfort. This does require a longer appointment time of an additional 20 minutes for optimal results.
- Bruising is possible and therefore, we recommend that you schedule any social plans accordingly for 7-10 days following your injection.
- While initial effects of the injection are visible in as soon as 3-5 days, you should expect your final results to be achieved 2-3 weeks after an injection.
- You will be made comfortable on a treatment couch whilst maintaining privacy and dignity.
- Your practitioner will check through your consent forms and medical history.
- You will be then handed a mirror to discuss your requirements from the procedure.
- You will be asked if you have any phobia’s to needles.
- The treatment area will be cleansed.
- Your masseter muscle will then be “marked up” for the practitioner to inject.
CLEANING & DRESSINGS
The skin will be cleansed, and appropriate dressings or pre-treatment applied.
HOW LONG WILL THE RESULTS LAST FOR?
Results can last 3-4 months dependent on the individual and lifestyle choices.
WHO IS NOT SUITABLE FOR THIS TREATMENT?
- Anybody with an allergy or acknowledged hypersensitivity to Botulinum Toxin Type A or to any of its’ excipients e.g. human albumin, and sodium chloride.
- Anyone who has a disease affecting your muscles and nerves (e.g. myasthenia gravis, Eaton Lambert Syndrome, Lou Gehrig’s syndrome).
- Any skin infection at the site of injection.
- Anyone currently pregnant or breastfeeding
- Anybody who is having co-treatment with Aminoglycoside antibiotics, or medicinal products, that causes muscle relaxation, for example tubocurarine.
What to avoid:
- No Touching or rubbing the areas injected.
- Avoid Physical Activity for the first 24 hours post treatment.
- Don’t Take Painkillers or Drink Alcohol
- Remain upright for 3 hours after the procedure.
- Any kind of Facial, Massage, Beauty or Spa Treatment should also be avoided. This is because any touching of the treatment area risks spreading out the Botulinum Toxin.
- It is imperative to avoid extreme temperatures DO NOT have a baths, hot saunas or vigorous exercise as you risk sweating out the Botulinum Toxin.
- Avoid air travel for 48 hours post treatment is also recommended.