- What product is used?
- How does it work?
- What areas can be treated?
- Before & after
- What happends during my consultation?
- Side Effects & Risks
- Who is not suitable for the treatment?
WHAT PRODUCT IS USED?
Aqualyx is a water-based solution that is injected into the fatty tissue, surrounds the cells and destroys them. The remains of the fat cells are then excreted by the body safely as waste.
HOW DO FAT DISSOLVING TREATMENTS WORK?
Aqualyx is a water-based solution that is injected into the fatty tissue, surrounds the cells and destroys them. The remains of the fat cells are then excreted by the body safely as waste. Aqualyx is used for people who want to get rid of stubborn areas of fat in their faces and in their bodies and is clinically proven for these purposes..
WHAT AREAS CAN BE TREATED?
AQUALYX can be used to treat stubborn fat pockets in a number of areas, including the hips, thighs and knees, the area underneath the buttocks, the stomach and back and the chin and the area underneath the chin. It is used to treat pockets of fat that are difficult to remove through diet and exercise alone.
Aqualyx is not a weight loss solution.
WHAT HAPPENDS DURING MY CONSULTATION?
At your appointment you will take a seat in our waiting area and fill out your details and medical history. Once we have gone through a few forms and signatures, you will have a consultation in one of our state of the art treatment rooms where we will answer all your questions on treatment with Aqualyx. Following the consultation, some clients like to rebook for a later time and others like to go ahead straight away. If you decide to have treatment, you will be numbed up with a local anesthetic. The process takes about fifteen minutes and is not painful or even uncomfortable in the face but can be painful if you are having treatment in the body. The solution has local anesthetic added to it and some clients do not report pain but others say the procedure is quite uncomfortable. Once the procedure is finished, you will experience some swelling immediately and this will gradually diminish in the following days.
SIDE EFFECTS & RISKS
People treated with AQUALYX will typically experience minimal side effects when compared to more invasive procedures, such as liposuction.
Side effects include some redness, swelling and tenderness in the treated area.
Some people may experience some light bruising, but this and any other side effects will usually resolve within a few days. You may need to take over the counter painkillers to control any pain-related side effects.
The manufacturers report that to date no major side effects of AQUALYX use have been reported to them.
- Preferably avoid touching the treated areas for 3-4 hours. If this is unavoidable, when cleansing face, rub the areas gently
- No strenuous exercise for 4 hours after the treatment
- Remain upright for 4 hours – do not lie down or rest head forward for long periods of time
- Avoid alcohol 4 hours after treatment
- Avoid rubbing/massaging the eyebrows for 24 hours
- Avoid saunas/hot tubs/sunbeds for 24 hours
- Avoid beauty salon peel treatments for 2 weeks
- Wear a sunscreen – helps to reduce sun damage
- Botulinum Injectables will normally ‘kick in’ at days 7-10; day 14 at the latest
- A FREE top up appointment is offered but you may cancel if you are happy with the results after 14 days. You may also receive a FREE top up appointment up to 21 days after your initial treatment
- Recommended treatment plan is every 12-16 weeks
IS AQUALYX RIGHT FOR ME?
Aqualyx is a treatment for stubborn areas of fat. It is not a substitute for diet and exercise and it is certainly not a substitute to liposuction. We do have the occasional patient that is not suitable. If you are not right for Aqualyx, we will refund your consultation deposit and refer you for free to a number of extremely talented liposuction clinics in the area. Here at Smileworks we are well networked and have access to some of the best cosmetic surgeons the UK has to offer. In the face, most people are suitable and we can achieve amazing things with either Aqualyx alone or with a combination of Aqualyx and other treatments.