IV Nutrient Therapy
IV Nutrient Therapy
IV nutrient therapy is a safe and effective way of administering essential vitamins, minerals and amino acids to your body in a way which allows your body to better absorb and utilise these nutrients (unlike when we take oral forms where only a fraction of are absorbed). IV therapy is scientifically prove to deliver an increased sense of wellbeing and support a healthy and balanced lifestyle depending on your individual needs.
Here at aUK we have sourced the finest Vitamin Therapy from a leading Aesthetic Dr Vincent Wong, bringing the gold standard of IV nutritional therapy to our clinic.
We have a large selection of IV cocktails dependent upon your needs.
More than 1 in 3 people take daily supplements and we know they are certainly beneficial, however, few people realise that when you ingest vitamins by mouth, only 15% of the active nutrients may eventually find their way into your bloodstream.
With intravenous nutrition therapy the nutrients enter your bloodstream directly and immediately to help the body to begin healing itself. This delivers a much higher concentrations of nutrients directly to your body’s cells through intravenous therapy, thus allowing your body to better absorb and utilise these nutrients.
IV Vitamin Drip
HOW DOES THE TREATMENT WORK?
With intravenous nutrition therapy the nutrients enter your bloodstream directly and immediately to help the body to begin healing itself.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING MY CONSULTATION
During your consultation a detailed medical history will be taken, helping the practitioner to determine whether treatment is an appropriate product/treatment for you to receive and whether it will help you achieve the results that you are looking for. This will also reduce the risk of any unwanted side effects from the treatment. During this consultation the potential risks and aftercare recommendations are discussed.If you still have questions about this treatment please contact us.
Secure your booking today online or call 01780 751 550 to book.
PREPARING FOR YOUR TREATMENT
- You will have a detailed consultation with our IV therapy practitioner who will assess and personalise a therapy plan to meet your needs. We will provide you with a detailed medical history questionnaire and consent form to carefully read through and complete.
- Please make sure to eat something before your procedure.
- We advise to avoid alcohol consumption for 24 hours before the procedure.
- The practitioner will discuss your requirements, review consent and medical history forms and select with in collaboration with yourself the most appropriate IV cocktail.
- The area will be then cleansed and sterilised
- A small cannula will be inserted into the vein.
- The IV cocktail will be attached.
- The practitioner will select appropriate rate settings for the IV infusion.
- You will then be left to relax whilst the IV infusion runs.
CLEANING & DRESSINGS
The skin will be cleansed, and appropriate dressings or pre-treatment applied.
HOW LONG WILL THE RESULTS LAST FOR?
As every treatment is tailored to the individual and every individual is different there is no way to say how long results last for.
WHO IS NOT SUITABLE FOR THIS TREATMENT?
- Anyone allergic to any ingredient of the IV cocktails
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Autoimmune disease
- Anyone on anti-coagulation medication such as aspirin and warfarin etc.
We advise to avoid drinking alcohol for at least 24 hours after your procedure and to keep your injection site clean. Diabetic clients are advised to avoid checking their blood glucose levels for 6-8 hours as these can show falsely high levels.
Bruising may occur which will settle down within a couple of days, we advise applying pressure to the area for a couple of minutes once the drip is removed to minimise bruising. If you notice any unexpected skin changes such as rash, redness or pain occurs please contact the clinic.
Some individuals experience flu like symptoms the day after their IV drip, this is due to toxins temporarily entering the blood stream as they are being removed from your tissues. This is a temporary stage of the “detox” process which can be expected prior to overall improvement in ones sense of wellbeing.
Delayed reactions rarely occur, symptoms of these include sickness, fever, weakness, hives, joint pain and lymph node swelling. If you become unwell or experience any of these symptoms, please seek urgent medical care.