LASER SKIN REJUVENATION
LASER SKIN REJUVENATION
Our Cellec laser uses an advanced form of IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) technology to precisely and safely treat problem areas of skin anywhere on the face or body
The laser creates microscopic holes in the surface of the skin. Heat is produced through into the dermis (skin) to stimulate our fibroblast cells, which begins the wound healing response. As the skin heals from the wound, tissue and collagen stimulation will occur, helping to improve skin texture, wrinkles and scarring.
- Reduces pore size
- Improves skin tone and texture
- Gives an all-over skin rejuvenation
- Helps with pigmentation
- Helps with appearance of scarring including acne scarring
HOW DOES THE TREATMENT WORK?
During treatment, tiny grid marks will appear on the skin where the laser has been. This is where we ablate the skin and the process of collagen stimulation begins. The grid marks last a few days and, like a scab, once the new skin underneath is healed, will fall off.
The treatment is fantastic for pigmentation, acne, acne scarring and full face rejuvenation.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING MY CONSULTATION
During your consultation a detailed medical history will be taken, helping the practitioner to determine whether treatment is an appropriate product/treatment for you to receive and whether it will help you achieve the results that you are looking for. This will also reduce the risk of any unwanted side effects from the treatment. During this consultation the potential risks and aftercare recommendations are discussed.If you still have questions about this treatment please contact us.
Secure your booking today online or call 01780 751 550 to book.
PREPARING FOR YOUR TREATMENT
- Avoid tanning or heavy sun exposure and use a broad-spectrum sunscreen daily for 30 days prior to treatment.
- Do not use medications that cause photosensitivity (such as doxycycline, minocycline) for at least 72 hours prior to treatment.
- If you have a history of herpes (oral cold sores, genital) or shingles in the treatment area, let your doctor know and start your antiviral medication (valacyclovir, acyclovir) as directed (usually 2 days prior to treatment and continue for 3 days after treatment).
CLEANING & DRESSINGS
The skin will be cleansed, and appropriate dressings or pre-treatment applied.
- On arrival to the clinic you be taken to a private room to have your treatment.
- You will be made comfortable on a treatment couch whilst maintaining privacy and dignity.
- Your practitioner will check through your consent forms and medical history.
- You will be then handed a mirror to discuss your requirements from the procedure.
- The treatment area will be cleansed.
- Eye protection will be provided along with verbal advice
- Usually only a brief sensation of heat is felt during each shot and following treatment the area will be cooled.
HOW LONG WILL THE RESULTS LAST FOR?
Treatment is advised to be repeated every 4 – 6 weeks.
WHO IS NOT SUITABLE FOR THIS TREATMENT?
- Anyone who is generally unwell at the point of treatment, for example a cold
- Active acne
- Active eczema or dermatitis
- Bacterial infections such as impetigo
- Fungal infections such as ringworm or blepharitis
- Sunburn to the area being treated.
- Open wounds to the area being treated
- Avoid touching the area post treatment
- Make up can be applied the day after treatment
- Avoid heat treatments, sauna’s, steam rooms for at least 12 hours after treatment
- Avoid highly perfumed products
- Regular use of homecare products will help the skin
- Regular facial treatments will help to regulate a problem skin