LIP Dermal Fillers
LIP DERMAL FILLERS
Non-Surgical Lip Enhancement is a highly sought after procedure with all age groups. It is suited to anyone who is looking for their lips to have a fuller and more defined appearance. The procedure works by injecting Dermal Filler into the lips as well as the vermillion border (the edge/line around the lip) to create shape, as well as the philtrum (middle area of the upper lip) and Cupids bow.
We use dermal fillers composed of Hyaluronic Acid, which is a naturally occurring substance that is absorbed by the by the body, using this form of filler helps to add volume shape whilst not being permanent.
Prior to treatment you will have a choice of anaesthetic. We can apply a topical numbing cream that is left on for 30 minutes to numb the mouth area, making treatment more comfortable.
- Supporting the shape and tissues of your lips
- Add definition
- Give added volume and fullness to lip shape
- Reduce appearance of ‘smokers lines’
- Prevent lipstick bleeding
HOW DOES THE TREATMENT WORK?
Hyaluronic acid is a natural constituent of skin, young skin is continuously moisturised from within by this naturally occurring sugar. It attracts and holds on to water to provide hydration, structure and volume. The skin’s levels of hyaluronic acid dramatically diminish with age causing skin to become dry and lose volume; wrinkles and grooves begin to appear. Gravity also pulls the skin down resulting in folds and sagging.
Each dermal filler we use in clinic is a smooth gel formulation with minimally cross linked hyaluronic acid, it is injected into the skin to fill the area of volume loss and smooth the skin and also to lift the tissues where folds and sagging has occurred. This process can greatly enhance your facial features and plump out and fill in fine lines and wrinkles. Dermal fillers can help add volume to cheeks, smooth and contour the face and correct shallow and deep lines and wrinkles.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING MY CONSULTATION
During your consultation a detailed medical history will be taken, helping the practitioner to determine whether treatment is an appropriate product/treatment for you to receive and whether it will help you achieve the results that you are looking for. This will also reduce the risk of any unwanted side effects from the treatment. During this consultation the potential risks and aftercare recommendations are discussed.If you still have questions about this treatment please contact us.
Secure your booking today online or call 01780 751 550 to book.
PREPARING FOR YOUR TREATMENT
- Start taking an over the counter anti-histamine one week prior to treatment and continue to take until one week post treatment.
- Drink at least 2-3 litres of water in the days leading up to treatment as hydration is crucial to obtaining a good result because, dermal filler relies on drawing water to the treated cells, helping you get the full filler augmentation effects.
- Do prep your skin. Prior to treatment, make sure to look after your skin and keep it in the best condition. Moisturise and avoid damaged pores.
- Do use sun cream, pre-and-post treatment, to protect your skin.
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours pre-and post treatment.
- For a week before and after the procedure, avoid blood thinners such as aspirin, Ibuprofen and Vitamin E, as well as certain food supplements such as fish oil, liquorice, garlic, ginger, ginkgo and green tea.
- Avoid sun and heat exposure
CLEANING & DRESSINGS
The skin will be cleansed, and appropriate dressings or pre-treatment applied.
- On arrival to the clinic you be taken to a private room to have topical numbing cream applied, to ease discomfort during procedure.
- As the cream takes around 20-30 minutes to take affect, you will be able to relax in our relaxation area.
- You will be made comfortable on a treatment couch whilst maintaining privacy and dignity.
- Your practitioner will check through your consent forms and medical history.
- You will be then handed a mirror to discuss your requirements from the procedure.
- You will be asked if you have any phobia’s to needles.
- The treatment area will be cleansed.
HOW LONG WILL THE RESULTS LAST FOR?
Dermal Fillers are well known for delivering outstanding results. Results from Dermal Fillers begin to show immediately after treatment and can last up to 6-9 months.To give your filler the best chance of lasting as long as possible, there are filler aftercare steps you can take. If you look after your skin with sun cream and follow a good skin care regime then your dermal fillers will last longer.
In addition to this, for the best dermal filler aftercare, do not squeeze, massage or mess around with the treated area, as this could cause the filler to break down more quickly and mean you get to enjoy the results for less time. In areas of the face that we naturally move less, your fillers will naturally last longer.
WHO IS NOT SUITABLE FOR THIS TREATMENT?
- Anyone allergic to any of the ingredients in the dermal filler (Hyaluronic acid is a natural constituent of skin therefore you would not be allergic to this) Lidocaine is usually present within the hyaluronic acid gel formulation.
- Skin infection at the injection site.
- Dermal filler treatment is contraindicated for some people with certain auto-immune diseases.
- If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant or breast-feeding (It is not known if the dermal filler can be harmful to your unborn child).
- Also tell us if you are taking any medicines including herbal as some may be contraindicated.
After treatment, slight redness, swelling, itching and some tenderness at the site of injection may occur. This is normal and will generally disappear over the next 7-14 days.
- Keep well hydrated (2-3 litres of water) for the next 3 days
- Avoid alcohol 24 hours after treatment
- Apply some ice to area if swollen/tender- such as an ice lolly or ice pack
- Avoid strenuous exercise and heat treatments for 48 hours
- Avoid creams with Alpha Hydroxy Acid or Glycolic acid around the area
- Avoid direct sunlight and wear a high SPF sunscreen to prolong the duration of the fillers
- If you suffer with cold sores, there is a risk of activating them
- If taking aspirin, clopidrogrel, warfarin and other blood thinning medication you should be aware that there will be an increased likelihood of bleeding or bruising at injection site(s).
- If itching or swelling occur, a general over the counter antihistamine can be taken for a period of one week.
- Arnica cream/capsules can be taken to help prevent bruising.
- Keep the area sterile
- Alcohol, smoking and sunshine will reduce the life of filler.