- What product is used?
- How does it work?
- How popular is it?
- What areas can be treated?
- What happends during my consultation?
- What happends during my treatment appointment?
- Aftercare advice
- How long does it last?
- Who is not suitable for the treatment?
- Before & after
WHAT PRODUCT IS USED?
At aUK in Stamford we use Botulinum toxin A which is the active ingredient for Bocouture which is an pescription only medicine.
HOW DO ANTI WRINKLE INJECTIONS WORK?
It works by blocking the nerve impulses in all injected muscles. This prevents muscles from contracting leading to temporary and reversible relaxation. BOCOUTURE is used for temporary improvement of upper facial lines in adults under 65 years of age when the severity of these lines has an important psychological impact for the patient: Moderate to severe vertical lines between the eyebrows seen at maximum frown and/or Moderate to severe lateral periorbital lines seen at maximum smile and/or Moderate to severe horizontal forehead lines seen at maximum contraction.
HOW POPULAR IS THIS TREATMENT?
Anti Wrinkle Injections have been used to treat millions of clients worldwide. Botox® has been used in the UK for over 10 years. It’s the world’s most popular non-surgical treatment due to the remarkable results.
WHAT AREAS CAN BE TREATED?
- Brow lift
- Bunny lines on the nose
- Chin (Dimples/lines)
- Crow’s feet around the eyes
- Frown/glabellar lines
- Forehead lines
- Gummy smile
- Marionette lines from the corners of the mouth
- Masseters/Bruxism (Slim jawline/grinding teeth)
- Neck lines/lift
- Nose (to lift downturned nose)
- Vertical lines around the lips (Perioral)
WHAT HAPPENDS DURING MY CONSULTATION?
This treatment is simple, quick and safe. You can resume your normal activities immediately after the procedure. Many people have their treatments in their lunch-time, for example, and return to work straight afterwards.
The first time you visit a clinic, a detailed discussion with a practitioner should realistically and clearly highlight your expectations of the cosmetic effect from this treatment. The practitioner should then be able to tell you if this is how they see the treatment working for you. If your expectations and theirs do not match each other, do not proceed until you are entirely happy with what they are telling you.
The practitioner may then take a medical history to make sure that there are no reasons why you are not suited to be treated with botulinum toxin. Then you would normally be asked to sign a consent form indicating that you have understood what the treatment may do, the potential side effects and also that the drug is not currently licensed for this specific use in the U.K..
Photographs may also be taken by the practitioner with you smiling and frowning and with your face at rest. This will be used as “before and after” images to show you how successful your treatment has been.
All this may happen in your first visit. If you are happy to proceed further, the practitioner may also give you a first injection at this time. Equally, you may decide to keep your treatment separate from the consultation and consent process and not begin the procedure until your next consultation.
WHAT HAPPENDS DURING MY TREATMENT APPOINTMENT?
Local anaesthetic topical cream can be applied to the areas to be injected prior to the treatment if necessary, the skin is cleaned with alcohol.
the Botox® is mixed with a small amount of sodium chloride and injected using a syringe with a tiny needle. The Botox is injected into muscle/just underneath the skin. Some patients describe this as a pinch.
WhAT IS THE AFTERCARE ADVICE?
Before Anti Wrinkle Injections, try to avoid alcohol for 24 hours to help prevent bruising.It is common to experience some swelling, tenderness and possibly some bruisingaround the treated area. These are quite common side effects, and are usually temporary (maximum 2-3 days).
- Preferably avoid touching the treated areas for 3-4 hours. If this is unavoidable, when cleansing face, rub the areas gently
- No strenuous exercise for 4 hours after the treatment
- Remain upright for 4 hours – do not lie down or rest head forward for long periods of time
- Avoid alcohol 4 hours after treatment
- Avoid rubbing/massaging the eyebrows for 24 hours
- Avoid saunas/hot tubs/sunbeds for 24 hours
- Avoid beauty salon peel treatments for 2 weeks
- Wear a sunscreen – helps to reduce sun damage
- Botulinum Injectables will normally ‘kick in’ at days 7-10; day 14 at the latest
- A FREE top up appointment is offered but you may cancel if you are happy with the results after 14 days. You may also receive a FREE top up appointment up to 21 days after your initial treatment
- Recommended treatment plan is every 12-16 weeks
HOW LONG DO THE RESULTS LAST?
- Individuals with a known hypersensitivity to any component of the formulation.
- Skin infection at the injection site.
- Patients who have generalised disorders of muscle activity (e.g. myasthenia gravis).
- Patients where aminoglycoside antibiotics or spectinomycin are already being used or are likely to be used.
- Patients who have bleeding disorders of any type.
- Pregnant or lactating women.