- What product is used?
- How popular is it?
- What areas can be treated?
- What happends during my consultation?
- What happends during my treatment appointment?
- Who is not suitable for the treatment?
- Aftercare advice
- How long does it last?
- How does it work?
- Before & after
WHAT PRODUCT IS USED?
aUK Stamford is one of the few clinics in the UK offering HIFU with the Doublo machine. This machine/system delivers High Intensity Focussed Ultrasound (HIFU) to offer a non-surgical alternative to face and neck-lifts and is only used by qualified professionals.
HOW POPULAR IS THIS TREATMENT?
Doublo is the most sophisticated technology available for this type of treatment and delivers outstanding results. It is the most supreme, revolutionary HIFU device you will find on the market. There are other types of devices used in the industry. The HIFU Facelift is an exciting alternative to surgery. With this breakthrough being made in non-surgical face lifting technology, we can now offer our patients a very effective and safe alternative to surgical intervention.
WHAT AREAS CAN BE TREATED?
- Mid/lower face lift
- Neck lift
- Brow lift
- Skin tightening
- Collagen production
- Fat degradation (lipolysis) and firming of the body
WHAT HAPPENDS DURING MY CONSULTATION?
During your consultation a detailed medical history will be taken, helping the therapist to determine whether the treatment is safe for you to receive and whether it will help you achieve the results that you are looking for. This will also reduce the risk of any unwanted side effects. During this consultation the potential risks and aftercare recommendations are discussed. You may also require this face to face assessment to determine how many sessions you will require to achieve desired results.
WHAT HAPPENDS DURING MY TREATMENT APPOINTMENT?
The skin is cleansed with an appropriate solution. Local anaesthetic cream is not effective for this treatment. The treatment area will be marked out and planned with a pencil.
The HIFU handpiece is used to deliver ultrasound waves to tighten the layers in a controlled area. The shots are delivered both vertically and horizontally with the largest possible number of shots given on the highest setting possible depending on your tolerance/comfort level.
Very few people would not be suitable for this treatment. The treatment is even safe for those with the most sensitive skin including rosacea.
- Please only touch the skin with clean hands
- Avoid hot steam and water for 2 days (sauna, steam room, jacuzzi)
- Avoid vigorous sweaty sports and running/jogging for 2 weeks
- For a few days clean your face with cold water and natural cleanser
- Do not have chemical peels or bleaching treatments until healed, minimum 1 week
- Avoid direct sunlight, wear an SPF30 minimum and a hat for 2 weeks prior to treatment
- For 1 month avoid laser, IPL, RF, micro needles, microdermabrasion treatments
- Ideally avoid fillers and toxins for a 2 month period
HOW LONG DO THE RESULTS LAST?
HOW DOES IT WORK?
HIFU (High intensity intensive ultrasound) energy is focused at the SMAS layer 3 to 4.5 mm below the skin surface to produce a thermal coagulation zone smaller than 1 mm. At this zone, a high thermal reaction occurs at a temperature of 60 ° C or higher, which causes the SMAS layer contraction and collagen remodeling to skin tightening and lifting
COMMENTS FROM OUR HAPPY CLIENTS
“I just had the HIFU treatment with Steph, she explained the whole process and also how it may feel. I felt totally confident in her abilities. The treatment was a huge success and I have to say I was overwhelmed with the results. If anyone is thinking of having this, stop thinking! Huge thank you to Steph