- What product is used?
- How popular is it?
- What areas can be treated?
- What happends during my consultation?
- What happends during my treatment appointment?
- Aftercare advice
- How long does it last?
- How does it work?
- Who is not suitable for the treatment?
- Before & after
WHAT PRODUCT IS USED?
At aUK Stamford we use only non-permanent, gold standard and clinically safe products. We like to offer a range of products to meet our client’s individual needs. We offer leading brands of hyaluronic acid based fillers such as Juvederm, Teosyal and Dermal Revolution.
HOW POPULAR IS THIS TREATMENT?
Dermal Filler Injections (lips) is the second most popular aesthetic procedure in the US. Dermal Filler Lips are viewed by many as the most beautiful feature of the face. Aesthetically, they provide a focal point of beauty and, functionally, they are part of the apparatus of speech, in addition to providing a visual display of varied human emotions.
WHAT AREAS CAN BE TREATED?
- Fine vertical lines around the lips due to ageing or smoking
- Lip border to define, shape and contour
- Lip body to add volume to the lips as appropriate
- Mouth corners to lift upwards instead of down turned corners resulting in sad appearance
WHAT HAPPENDS DURING MY CONSULTATION?
During your consultation a detailed medical history will be taken, helping the therapist to determine which products and treatments are safe and suitable for you. This will also reduce the risk of any unwanted side effects from treatments. During this consultation the potential risks and aftercare recommendations are discussed, helping you determine whether this form of treatment is really right for you.
WHAT HAPPENDS DURING MY TREATMENT APPOINTMENT?
Lips require local anaesthetic treatment prior to lip enhancement, for some lip procedures local anaesthetic cream is suitable, however, for some of our treatments local anaesthetic injections are used to ensure that you are comfortable throughout the treatment.
Once numb the skin is cleaned with a solution and the product is injected with a needle or a blunt ended cannula as appropriate. A light massage is performed with an arnica and aloe gel and lips are moisturised.
WhAT IS THE AFTERCARE ADVICE?
After treatment, slight redness, swelling, itching and some tenderness at the site of the injections may occur. This is normal and will generally disappear over the next 24-48 hours. When the lips have been treated, the swelling can last for up to 1 week, and the lips may appear uneven during this time. Please follow massage techniques shown each day to balance any areas that appear uneven.
- Keep well hydrated (2-3 litres of water) for next 3 days
- Avoid alcohol the 24 hours after treatment
- Avoid touching the treated area for at least 4 hours
- After this, the face can be lightly cleansed and make-up applied lightly and gently (preferably mineral make-up)
- Apply some ice to the area if tender/swollen – such as an ice lolly/ice pack
- Avoid exercise and heat treatments for 24 hours
- Massage the area with a moisturiser to reduce any areas that appear lumpy as directed by your practitioner
- Avoid creams with Alpha Hydroxy Acid or Glycolic acid around the area.
- If you suffer cold sores, there is a risk of activating them
- Paracetamol can be used for pain relief but AVOID IBUPROFEN, aspirin or any blood thinning supplements where possible
- If itching or swellings occur, a general over the counter antihistamine can be taken for a period of one week
- Arnica cream/capsules can be taken to help prevent bruising
- Keep the area sterile
HOW LONG DO THE RESULTS LAST?
HOW DOES LIP ENHANCEMENT WORK?
Rejuvenation of the lips is a commonly requested and frequently performed procedure with numerous strategies available to practitioners. Common approaches include adding volume to the body of the lips or accentuating the vermillion border (lip line) usually through the injection of dermal fillers or enhancement of the lip line using semi permanent makeup. Volume is added to create a more protruding and pouty lip, based on the fundamental belief that volume loss is a significant part of the ageing process.
- Anyone allergic to any of the ingredients in the product (Hyaluronic acid is a natural constituent of skin therefore you would not be allergic to this) Lidocaine is usually present within the hyaluronic acid gel formulation
- Skin infection at the injection site
- Lip enhancement is contraindicated for some people with certain auto-immune diseases
- If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant or breast-feeding (It is not known if the filler can be harmful to your unborn child)
- Also tell us if you are taking any medicines including herbal as some may be contraindicated